Mardi Gras Bunko

In April I hosted Bunko and decided to do a Murder Mystery dinner in conjunction with our Game. The theme was "As the Beads Drop" Murder at the Mardi Gras. It was a really fun theme to try with bright colors, good southern food, and a little mystery!
Trena and Suze getting some grub
I wanted to make some real Southern Food for the Mardi Gras theme but most everything was a little out there. So I decided to tone it down a bit and stick with some classics but put a southern twist on them. We had a Creamy Tomatoe Bisque, Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, Southern Spinach Salad and for dessert the classic Chocolate Doberge Cake.
During Dinner we played a mini Murder Mystery game with a Mardi Gras Theme. Everyone had a character to play and a few people bit the dust as expected. Everyone guessed and then we revealed that SUZANNE (aka - Sabine Doriocourt) the PA at the local Hospital, was the Murderer at the end of the night. It was so much fun!
I played Madeline Broussard the Mardi Gras Queen & wore my sister Holly's mask that she brought home from Venice for our game.
The grand prize winner was Suz and she got a movie package with The Sherlock Holmes DVD, a Movie pass and some candy, Amanda won second place and got the game CLUE, and Trena won 3rd place and got an I SPY game and a movie pass. Brittany discovered who the murder was and received an Alfred Hitchcock DVD collection.
Every received a goody bag with a Blue Bayou Bunko Jazz CD Mix, some Mardi Gras beads and a Mask. The night was a blast! I sure love hanging with my Bunko Girls!

4 comments:

  1. I WAS SO SAD I HAD TO MISS. :( THIS LOOKS AMAZING! WHO IS INCHARGE OF THE NEXT ONE? WHEN IS IT? I OWE SOMEONE MONEY$$$ CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW? SORRY I SUCK! I HAD TO PRESENT AT A CITY COUNCIL MEETING... (JOB SECURITY) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're considering doing this for our November Bunco (the murder mystery part, not the Mardi Gras part) Would you be willing to shoot me an email to tell me how you facilitated this? I have a friend co-hosting with me and we're a bit at a loss about how to incorporate the murder mystery part because we don't really eat a "dinner"...people pretty much just bring appetizers and we sit, snack and chat before we start playing for the evening. Thank you!!

    Kristine@realfoodgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're considering doing this for our November Bunco (the murder mystery part, not the Mardi Gras part) Would you be willing to shoot me an email to tell me how you facilitated this? I have a friend co-hosting with me and we're a bit at a loss about how to incorporate the murder mystery part because we don't really eat a "dinner"...people pretty much just bring appetizers and we sit, snack and chat before we start playing for the evening. Thank you!!

    Kristine@realfoodgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d love to hear how you pulled this off
    If you’d be willing g to share the details

    Maginnislisa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete